You Are Reading

Thursday 22 December 2011

Typogateaux

I chose to create a typogateaux from a bought 'Manderin' cake that was then crafted into a typographical form. I also purchased a 'Brownie' kit, the mixture consisted of a powder that was mixed with 2 table spoons of oil and 2 table spoons of water. I was trying to focus on the visual aspect rather than the taste as the scoring was based on the inside characteristics (evenly baked, free from air pockets) & the outside characteristics (consistent shape/size/surface; overall appeal).

I used jam to provide a more rigid structure for the sculpted letters, I used to work in a restaurant which explains the A La Carte appearance.





Other entries


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.