You Are Reading

Friday 21 December 2012

Design for Web - Final Web design



When I look back at my 'A history of' products, It's clear to see that I need to adapt my content to suit a more contemporary audience (Using the web), the reason being...the serif typefaces lose their character online and look quite lifeless and dated whereas a modern typeface infers functionality and usability on the web.

Industry standard webpage...

Homepage / Index / A history of


Statistics

Prosthetics

Paralympics host cities

For this website, I was communicating the importance and growth of the Paralympics, through dates, facts, figures and stories which I'd developed and gathered through the research of my 'A History of'

The message that's being communicated and the main focus of the website is the determination and admiration of these athletes, it also touches on how it's ever growing as a sporting event. 

I've kept the website quite minimal and clean, I felt using a white and black colour scheme with an input of small colour made the whole site look quite contemporary and appealing to a larger audience rather than specific genre's of people, Who'd use the website?...Sports enthusiasts/ Teachers/ Children. 

People with a disability - I had to really accommodate for this section of my target market because in essence...it could inspire them to do something with their disabilities. All of the information on my website needed to be positive and inspirational a swell as knowledgeable.

In this day of technology, I really had to make my website stand out so decided to include factors such as java and drop down boxes/ selective tabs etc. I felt this made the website a lot more interactive a swell as interesting for the user. When you hover over the Great British flag and other header items, it fades out and can be clicked to return to the homepage. The construction of this website is described and explained in the web development post.

Ultimately  I needed to make the content; inspiring, interesting and most of all drastic. But in order to do this I needed to incorporate other factors such as images and statistics and facts etc.

I'd spent a lot of time editing and developing my scamps, preparing each image so it was the right size. But when it came to the designing of the website I thought it would of been a good idea to see what was already out there and how I could adopt certain factors such as the drop down box - as soon as I'd seen this I realised it would of been perfect to broadcast the locations of all the Paralympic games in order and in a clear manner. The development of my website went even further when I began to balance the access to content online, I was able to effectively deliver all of my information in a visually engaging way that was successful for its content. The reason for my website being... to enlighten sports enthusiasts about the background of the Paralympics and raise awareness about the purpose of the Paralympics...

I thought there was a market for this type of website because it brings together all of the important factors surrounding the history of the Paralympics, and from my research I know that its growing in popularity which means they'll be a rise in people wanting to know more about its background..


Displaying the website in different formats gives me the opportunity to show others how my website would look at different scales, due to the time restrictions I don't have the knowledge to code my website so that it fits other formats and reacts to that format, in order to display its information in an accessible and efficient way... The webpages would act as one page, giving the user the advantage of staying on one page for all of its viewing and intake of information (There's nothing more annoying than waiting for your internet to connect you to another page).

The Ipad


The Iphone


I was quite wary of balancing the access to content online and didn't want to hand in a website that had been proportionally coded by someone else, so I decided to re-visit one of my initial templates and build upon it, I knew it would be ALOT more simpler than what I'd been looking at with jquery but thought it was the best route to go down because it will of been constructed solely by myself.

Developing another website was going to be quite difficult but would again increase my knowledge of coding! 

Contained in this website are 5 different pages, here's an example of how two of them look, the website primarily uses a template with a differentiating background image and 3 columns. When you clock the header/ logo your re-directed to the homepage...I just wanted to make something that was overall efficient and could be located in one place...

Personally developed website...

Homepage / Index




Statistics

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.