You Are Reading

Thursday 4 October 2012

A History of x 3 Promotional attributes//

Idea Generation & Direction



I've decided to progress with the concept of a 'Remembrance' event, raising awareness about the 'Father' of the Paralympics. 

Deliverables: 

1 x Plaque = a flat ornamental plate, used to mark a significant event/ person etc.
1 x Leaflet.
1 x Business Card.

Development

In order to promote the remembrance day, all the products had to have a consistent theme, even if I changed certain aspects of each of the designs, I still had to make sure they were recognisable as a GROUP of products, rather than separate entities.





I liked the appearance of the Olympic rings, however incorporating the nations colours took the emphasis and focus away from the Paralympics.


I chose to use a circular shape because it seemed a better approach to a non A format poster than a square or triangle etc...It's also reminiscent of a MEDAL FACE, which is a good relation to the Sporting side of my subject matter.


Seen as the origin of the Paralympics was in Buckinghamshire, I generated the design below to promote its origins and also enhance the fact that DR Guttmann was involved with the rehabilitation of Patients.



Initially I wanted a collection of medical crosses composed in the corner (Secondary focus/ Background pattern). After developing my design and 'playing around' with it, I realised that if I added one more cross, I could rotate the design and make a heart. I thought this was a very quirky and creative design, communicating its exact purpose.


Final 'Leaflet' & 'Business card'.


Laser cutting process...


Sample cut: Cutting too deep into the Plywood would of left burn marks that were too significant. I wanted to try and incorporate a sense of History, but not over-do it. The depth of the left- sample cut, was much deeper and provided a more successful finish, but the burn marks were more excessive, HOWEVER, sanding the features made it look far more appealing than the right- sample cut.


Technicality issues; When I'd opened the design in the software suitable for laser cutting, It didn't open correctly which forced me to convert the file type to a resolution of 300 and JPEG format. If you look very closely you can see the finer details have pixelated (To a certain extent).


Although the design was very detailed, it lacked something...a sense of professionalism! I enhanced the design by adding a layer of Varnish/ Laxer which added a glossy effect to the design. After sanding the surface down, I added a top coat and left to dry.


Final Outcomes:

For the business card &




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.