You Are Reading

Wednesday 8 May 2013

What is good? Review of Research

After researching various aspects of the honeybee it was time to move on and gain some insight into how exhibitions work as an event, it was all well and good developing a good branding strategy for my exhibition, but it had have a purpose, a reason to be exhibited. As a form of primary research I attended a museum which housed a 'bug house', I was hoping that it would enlighten me in terms of how the branding could permeate different aspects of the event.

Introductory banners - I felt these worked quite well in terms of setting the scene for what was about to follow, there's a lot of exhibitions that jump straight into the showing of their content rather than setting the scene for the viewer.


Museum Way-finding - demonstrating a very cohesive and efficient way of locating your way around the exhibition, simple icons and simple layouts make this way-finding effective for its purpose.



Using vinyl stickers are a good and effective way of permeating your theme throughout the exhibition, I could use reflective yellow vinyl to create a honeycomb pattern that could creep up the sides of walls and glass doors.



A large part of my research (DC) validates that the honey bee is a current epidemic and that it would benefit people to know more about the subject.


Honeybee research...












No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.