You Are Reading

Tuesday 23 April 2013

What is good? Issuu Document, 16 page research booklet



Peer review

Nice use of hexagon shape throughout layout! works well. I wouldn't put contents on front cover though (it's getting hard backed that's why the contents appears on the front cover).

Really interesting facts about bees/men. Good layout p4/5 with the layered boxes. Good use of white space.

Great use of own sourced imagery.

Pattern works well through.

Great design work and layout. Colour scheme works effectively for the content.

Honeycomb elements/ colour/ choice of type make this really strong.

Good consistent design throughout. Good use of colour.

Very cool topic, love the simplistic & layout. I (L) Bee.

Layout and whole look of publication is bang on! would obviously like to see it printed. Contents cut in half doesn't suit the rest of publication.

Nice layout and use of pattern throughout. Not too sure on contents and front cover.

With this feedback in mind I changed certain aspects of my design work, altering the contents page and moving certain elements of the work, this was because when I did a proof print of the research, some areas looked like they could be better aligned and positioned.

REFINED APPROACH





Following on from this review, I've decided to completely re-format my research booklet, so that it can be professionally printed by 'Blurb'. Initially I wanted to try various design options, incorporating laser cut sections into the front cover was a key idea, however due to mitigating circumstances I've been unable to follow this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.