You Are Reading

Friday 15 February 2013

Responsive / Mark Webster Photography/ Development


Following on from my research into the information provided by Mark, it was clear that he wanted a logo to reflect his type of work and endure the test of time. Following on from my generation of ideas, I managed to form a strong concept that combined Mark Webster's initials & his passion for photography in a contemporary and functional way...

Photography explores the world of 3D forms...

Design Approach // Combine the aspect of 3D form with the elements of photography, including reference to the photographer, Mark Webster.



I wanted to incorporate the aspect of the camera lens/ zoom, & the idea of lighting into the development of my ideas...




Idea Development/ Experimenting with 3D forms...

As my development progressed, I couldn't help but constantly notice the 'barbed wire' created by the gap between the 3D forms, In order to rectify this I had to develop ways of combining the shapes & paths seamlessly.

To bring out the 3D aspect, I introduced a slight colour transition (Grey design), making the idea of two camera zooms/lighting more obvious when you first look at the logo.
Experimentation with Form/ Layout/ Colour.





Logo Development/ Form & Layout. - Why have I selected this green? because its natural, contemporary, easy on the eye, and seems to fit in with the dialogue of the brief..."a natural feel for use in design".


---------------

Experimentation/ I need to make sure I don't jeopardise the quality of the logo by developing and adding unnecessary novelties...I was quite happy with the effect as it developed this idea of 3D form however it shrouded the communication of the design and took away its contemporary value!

Camera Lens/ zoom/ M/ W.
Visualising the logo in a smaller context is vital because if its visual appearance changes drastically at different sizes, it's practically useless.


Initial Developments/ Exploration of Ideas

M W
As a starting point I tried to create something that was simple and recognised for what it is rather than a fad. Using a consistent colour palette really helped me visualise what colours worked better given the changing shape of the structure. To be honest I'm not really happy with any of my initial beginnings because I thought they were just too...simple and straightforward. There was nothing innovative about the logo's and they simply played on the aspect of his initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.