You Are Reading

Monday 28 January 2013

Design For Print - Design Development

For the inside of my box I decided to develop the inside wrapper I'd previously designed, I'd realised using different colours just brought too many colours into the equation and would've taken a lot of emphasis away from the booklets once you'd seen it. Using the white paper samples Fedrigoni sent I decided I should experiment with different print methods and thought embossing would've really suited the subtle approach I'd been aiming for...



Instead of selecting cut through on the laser cutting machine, I decided to try a different approach and cut the negative, rasterizing the image kept everything together in the position I wanted however the final result wasn't very impressive, I'd used MDF wood and soon after it cutting out I went to emboss which meant the glue between the layers of mdf was still vaguely sticky, which made the whole process quite messy. I feel much more confident in using embossing now and think I'll use this process again and have much more successful results!





Final Booklets, x4 // Elements of design, Colour theory, Print processes, Finishing techniques...



Elements of design...



Finishing techniques / Binding methods


Print processes...




Colour theory / Colour management

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.