You Are Reading

Sunday 14 April 2013

Responsive / Design Crowd Final designs / ZoomRadar

Possible Incorporation of Photography...

The website provided a unique service which was let down by their lack of design appreciation. The whole company is based around the concept of interactivity, weather, maps, destinations. With this in mind I thought it would of been a good idea to push the branding for this company and display how they could give their unique idea a facelift and bring it into a more contemporary culture. Taking advantage of technologies such as QR code scanners. Promotions for the business could include posters that incorporate a QR code scanner, providing an instant link to the consumer. I thought of ways to promote such a business and thought the best way would be too showcase the weather in unique photographs that require more explaining to understand...hopefully by this time the consumer wants to find out more about 'ZoomRadar, Interactive Weather' and takes note of the QR code scanner.

The photography you see below all belongs to myself and is copyrighted.















Edited photographs/ Promotions.

Take note of how the Interactive Weather slowly fades out under the suns beaming light.





Office decals



Exploration of colour...






Carrying on this theme of interactivity, I took to Facebook to see wether ZoomRadar had a Facebook page, they did...and it looked even more tackier than their website, it was confusing & cluttered and looked quite disjointed from their website, predominately because it was basically map based, whereas their website looked more of a business.

 I planned to incorporate the theme of maps just as they'd done on their website, but instead I applied gradients and just brought the whole identity together as a brand. Throughout all of my deliverables I've tried to keep a consistent appearance.





Using my investigation into interactive maps, I found out that the depths of hills are created by outer layers (You can refer to this in my design context). Using this idea, I developed the design below which basically ties in with interactivity & maps, playing on the idea of depth but also creating the image of a moon or sun...




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.