You Are Reading

Monday 15 April 2013

Responsive / Feel Good Drinks / Brief 1/2

One skill that has been highlighted for me is the ability to apply designs digitally onto different contexts,  Although I haven't mastered this procedure, the module has highlighted that I needed to improve my skills in this area.


As you can see the expressions and designs could be given a whole different personality by the simple switch of some of the features, In this case all I've done is flip the mouth upside down.

Through the developmental side of design I came up with the following...
I don't know what it was about this design but it looked as if the characters were floating through a liquid which then reminded me of an alcohol that contains shards of gold foiling, giving the impression that the alcohol was full of stars. With this in mind I planned to use the effect in a bus stop shelter, applying the concept of liquid and floatable parts to create a stunning visual of colour. Imagine waiting for a bus, and to your side was a panel full of Juice filled with moving and floating characters. The concept behind this idea would be that the juice is bursting with flavour, as you'd be able to tell by the expressions of the characters.


The screw-top lids, instead of using a plain aluminium lid, why not add a bit of fun & cheekiness to them, after all 'Feel Good' did think they were being too modest with their designs.


I've taken the three most popular and prevalent flavours and produced 3 different ranges, consisting of a still range, sparkling range & special edition range.


I really liked the contemporary feel of the bottles below, I thought it would be a less viable option for Feel Good due to the labelling process being different but I still thought it would be worth proposing the option as it shows a wider range of compositions and layouts. The vinyls would be complimented by the fizzing nature of the drinks.


I don't know what it was but I've always thought fresh juice should be opened in a can so you can hear the fresh burst of air escape, I designed this range of aluminium cans because I could see them being a very popular trend during summer.


Outdoor, urban environment advertising. Feel Good felt that there was a lot of people that didn't know about the brand or didn't know enough so I took it upon myself to put together a campaign that would showcase Feel Goods flavoursome side.



The shop floor decals would instantly attract attention, bright uses of colour and product positioning would lead consumers to their product quicker and more attractively.


Still running with outside campaigning, I thought it would of been an interesting idea to apply large (HQ) stickers to cracks in walls to achieve the effect below. This instantly gives the impression that Feel Good is bursting with flavour.


The target audience was very broad, ranging from 13 year olds - 34 year olds, yet most of their attractions were clearly aimed towards the younger people, using child like cartoons and simple imagery. This is when I had the idea to give their website a whole new look, I wanted it to appeal to their whole TMG, so I played on the fact that Feel Good really like simple design and gave their website a very contemporary, clean and healthy layout. Because the bottle designs were promoting happiness I thought it was necessary to make them the focal point. Adults could then enjoy the functional and contemporary side of the website, whereas children could appreciate the designs of the bottles and relate to their expressiveness.



These perspex characters could be used to form a projection, the perspex is slightly transparent and orange in colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.