You Are Reading

Monday 15 April 2013

Responsive / Mark Webster Photography / Extending the deliverables...

Throughout most of the branding I've tried to keep the appearance of orange at a consistent level. Although the other colour choices also worked quite well, I felt orange suited what Mark was looking for. It was eye-catching, bright, and you could've said the other colour choices were more 'fad' colours rather than a colour that would stand the test of time. Orange also emulates Power and suits Mark Webster's field of photography - thoughtful and sincere...

"Orange is a power colour, It also stimulates enthusiasm and creativity. Orange means vitality with endurance. People who like orange are usually thoughtful and sincere." 



The two designs below demonstrate how the Website for 'Mark Webster' could be applied across platforms, displaying how the layout would function (scroll down.)


In terms of the deliverables I wanted to demonstrate how the logo could be applied to almost every aspect of his identity. As an example I used some of my personal photography and applied the emblem, showing how successful it can sit on a photograph. Could be a USP if he were to apply this logo on the corner of all his photographs.



As a point of investigation I wanted to see if I could achieve a brighter, more natural looking colour through screen printing. Using neon inks and splashes of orange I began. As you can see from my samples that I've supplied, the end result wasn't very useful. It seems that the neon inks work better when they've got some form of colour to bounce off of. Instead the blocked areas which can be seen on the screen below! Became lost among the brightness of the yellow. The colour was attractive, but at the same time didn't really give me what I wanted.



The digital prints came out a lot more pronounced and clear but when they were compared to the screen printed business cards - you could clearly see the benefits of screen printing, the colours were so much more vivid and exciting.






I was quite disappointed with the reply I received but at the same time I was happy that he recognised the standard of my work. As an introduction into branding & identity, this brief has certainly helped me channel my skills and given me a better opportunity to fulfil my next briefs focused around branding & identity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.